Sunday, November 10, 2013

Post #74: Stephen's Gulch Circuit
July 16, 2013, 8 hour day

It was time for a big day.  Decided to link up Kelso Mountain, Gray's, Torrey's, Edwards, and two other 13ers in this circuit that circumnavigates the entire basin.

I parked at the junction of Grizzley Gulch and Stephan's Gulch and ascended Kelso Mountain (13,164ft), then up Kelso Ridge to Torrey's Peak (14,265ft), over to Gray's Peak (14,264ft), across to Mount Edwards (13,850ft), and across two other smaller 13ers as I traversed rest of McCllellan Ridge to its terminus. I descended bushwhacking back to my truck.

Summit of Mount Edwards After Kelso Mountain, Gray's & Torrey's Summits

My Route


View of the Entire McCllelan Ridge


Heading across the connecting ridge to Mount Edwards and McCllelan Ridge

No comments:

Post a Comment