Thursday, November 14, 2013

Post #83 Running with Anton Krupicka
11/13/2013


     I'd been hoping to catch up with Tony for an upcoming Tomer's Trails segment.  We met up for an interview and trail run - what a great afternoon!  I've looked up to Tony for awhile.  His work ethic, approach to running, and extraordinary talent are hard to miss.  Tony has taken mountain running to the next level.  You can read more about Tony's adventures on his blog: Riding the Wind
      As a mountain climber I know how long it takes to climb most of the mountains in Colorado.  Tony has taken a new approach without all the gear and safety nets.  It's just him and the trail, him and the mountain.  For example, he'll climb Long's Peak "door to door" in 2.5 hours.  Let me put that into perspective.  Most hikers take 8-12 hours to do the same thing.
      Big thanks to Tony for meeting, talking and running with me!  My full story is upcoming on Channel 2 Daybreak & Channel News at 7pm.



Anton Krupicka



Tony taking it very easy on me
 

No comments:

Post a Comment